Friday, July 1, 2011

Album Review- Big Sean, Finally Famous: The Album

One of my favorite "XXL Freshmen" or "Newbie" artists.  This is what I think of his first album:

Intro- 4/5 It has some good lyrics and the beat is very peaceful. Basically the perfect intro for the album, talking about his recent view on his fame.
I never made the crowd fans, I made them all fam.
I Do It- 4/5 At first, the beat seemed simple and his rhythm was typical for Big Sean. Then I listened to the lyrics; it's quite funny and clever. The beat is still simple, but I honestly laughed out loud a few times while listening. It definitely entertained me.
I split an O in half, and now it's a parentheses.
My Last- 3/5 Radio play. The beat is catchy and the chorus is memorable. Any song that gets in my head is successful in my book. Lyrics aren't anything special but it's a cute song.
....now she rockin' Sean john.
Don't Tell Me You Love Me- 5/5 Wow. This song is something real. The lyrics caught my eye and the record felt very personal. Very relatable and a nice switch up for Sean. The beat started off as a instrumental with soft piano and guitar which was nice to hear in a hip hop song with the later addition of violins. This song was completed to the "T".
What's the perfect girl if it's not the perfect time?
Wait For Me- 3/5 Lupe is such a lyrically talented artist and I thought both artists would shine. Instead, I feel like both of them didn't measure up. It's one of the songs that I forget how it goes and is definitely not memorable. Would get 2/5 if Lupe wasn't on it.
Too late for him to make it out the 'hood legally.
Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay- 5/5 LOVE the beat. Having Kanye on it was a great addition. Roscoe Dash was perfect for the chorus. Although it sounded more like Kanye feat. Big Sean, it is nevertheless a great song. Lyrics are something to sing along to because the flow is unique for the song.
She's so cool give___with her shades on (whoa). (Amber Rose diss?)
Dance (A$$)- 1/5 You have got to be kidding me.  This song was not unique or clever, and even annoying. It sounds rushed and is 5 different beats smushed together. It's a good stripper song....
And it got an attitude, no wonder why it's stuck up.
Get It- 3/5 Not too memorable. Beat is nice with the piano. Lyrics are "aight". Good album filler.
Living life like I found a check with no ink.
Memories, pt. 2- 5/5 I can't believe this is Sean. Pretty song. Smooth song. No aggressive cursing, but a positive message. John Legend dresses it up. Lyrics are real and it is a song everyone can agree that it is very, very good all the way around.
Are you willing to give up what you love for who you love?
High- 5/5 Well, I think I would be surprised if there wasn't a song like this on the album, let alone if Wiz wasn't included somehow. We all know what this is about...and for it's "purpose", it is perfect.  Relaxing beat to bop to and the lyrics fit the title of the song.  Here's to all you smokers...
You be up in the club, I be up in the clouds.
Live This Life- 3/5 Typical Dream song.  I feel like all of his songs sound the same. Big Sean did okay with it though.  Not bad.  Not good. Not special.
They ask where your outfit from? Plead the Saks 5th.
So Much More- 4/5 I really like this song.  The beat is nice and I like his rhythm.  Some lyrics are good, some are repetitive Big Sean, but some are personal as well.  Worth checking out and listening to.
She put up with too many games not to have a ring.
What Goes Around- 5/5 The second I heard the beat, I was pleasantly surprised!  Very refreshing. Lyrics fit the song. Chorus is amazing and the beat is one of a kind.  This song shows his range.  It's encouraging and uplifting...one of those "I can do anything" songs.
'Cause when it turns real, that's when everyone turns fake.
Celebrity- 2/5 The beat is fine and so are the lyrics, although I feel it has nothing to do with the song. This is a sleepy song for me and nothing special.
What happens when it all falls, and the success is all gone?
My House- 3/5 It sounds like a "Trap Muzik" beat, which isn't a bad thing.  It's a fine song to listen to. Won't get many plays on my iPhone though.
From the top, they all look the same size.
100 Keys- 4/5 The beat with the piano "keys" worked so well and was very clever.  It has Ross on it, which would be the perfect track to put him on.  It's like a "classy hustler song".  Lyrics? Perfect for the song. One of these songs is necessary on every album.
Keys open doors, but bricks open windows.

And that's it. Overall, 4/5. Worth listening to every song and definitely worth getting the whole album!




No comments:

Post a Comment