Friday, July 8, 2011

Here one year, gone the next? Okay, "best friend"

I hardly ever dedicate time into people unless they are "worth it".
.......
I can't stand people who are your best friends and naturally, distance comes between the both of you.  Well, that's not what I hate.  What I hate is that I actually reach out to people and either A) they don't even recognize it ex. I text you or perhaps facebook you and say "Hey, long time! How have you been! Let's chat sometime!" and I get no response....YET I know you are on your phone constantly and I see you respond to other people on facebook or B) Don't follow up or make any effort! ex. You don't bother to contact me....ever!! Argh!

It frustrates me because I can prove, time and time again, that I am the one always trying to reach out to lost friends.  So at some point, I'm just like "Forget it." But then, I think about how long I've know them, how close we once were, or how much "time I've dedicated into them".

This is why I just keep my circle of friends smaller and smaller.  If you are really worth it, then it'll be obvious.  But once I see that you mean more to me than I mean more to you, I'm done. You never contact me, and I'm only one to do so?  I'm done.  I'm not going to view you as a "close friend" when you view me as "a girl from school".

So, it sounds like isolation.  No, just not everyone is my "best friend" anymore, I suppose.  Actually consider me one as well....then we can work something out.

1 comment:

  1. People come and go. Life is a tournament. Theres wins and loses. Losing a team player sometimes means They ll just be replaced.

    ReplyDelete